- 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, medium dice
- 1 head of garlic peeled and chunked
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 16oz cans of great northern beans
- 2 16.7oz jars of La Costena green mexican salsa
Preheat oven to 350° degrees. In a 5 qt. dutch oven, place chicken thighs, onion, garlic, water, 2 pinches of sea salt, and 1/2 dozen grinds of pepper.
Cover and cook for two and a half to three hours and stir every hour. Chicken will fall apart when done. Stir in beans and salsa. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
Ladle into a Ginny soup and top with grated cheese and plain low fat yogurt (a healthier alternative to sour cream).
Enjoy with good friends and remember, always add a little love to everything you cook— they can taste the difference.